Current Draw

TimP

CCCUK Member
Does anybody happen to know what the typical current draw is on the battery when the ignition key is turned to 'accessories'? (assuming that none of the optional accessories like lights and wipers etc are switched off). I'm thinking that this should just be the ignition circuit and any warning lights that come on with the key (handbrake on etc..)

This is for a 72 T-Top.

I am (still) in the process of testing the wiring prior to starting the engine and it's not right at the moment. It seemed to be ok and now I seem to have a short somewhere. Part of the problem is I don't know what good looks like.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Does anybody happen to know what the typical current draw is on the battery when the ignition key is turned to 'accessories'? (assuming that none of the optional accessories like lights and wipers etc are switched off). I'm thinking that this should just be the ignition circuit and any warning lights that come on with the key (handbrake on etc..)

This is for a 72 T-Top.

I am (still) in the process of testing the wiring prior to starting the engine and it's not right at the moment. It seemed to be ok and now I seem to have a short somewhere. Part of the problem is I don't know what good looks like.
I can test my '71 shortly. Small block LT-1 so it should be comparable to your set up?

And I take it you want everything off as your statement above is misleading

TimP

CCCUK Member
Many thanks - that's really good to know. Mine is drawing about 4amps at the moment, with everything supposedly off, which is way too high - must have a bad connection or wiring fault somewhere.

Once again, many thanks.